- When connecting your router make sure your network connection is plugged into the “WAN” port on your router
- Don’t operate your wireless network without some type of encryption security to keep unauthorized users from connecting to your wireless router.
- Keep your router up to date with the latest version of general release firmware. This can usually be found on the router manufacturer’s website.
- If your router is more than two or three years old, it may be a good time to replace it. Routers that are two or more years old sometimes cannot connect reliably to newer devices.
- It is recommended that you change your Password on a regular basis.
Still having trouble? Calls us at 208-5000 for telephone support from our ValuNet in-house customer support representatives.