Business Phone Features and Set Up (Aastra 6757i)
The complete user guide for Aastra 6757i phones is available as a PDF download below.
Call Forwarding Set Up
To set up Call forwarding from your phone:
- Dial *72 and immediately type in the number you wish to forward to.
- To remove the forwarding dial *73 to deactivate.
To set up Call Forwarding Remotely from ANY Phone:
- Dial 620-208-5090
- Enter the full 10 Digits of the Telephone Number you wish to forward calls FROM.
- Enter your 4 Digit Pin # XXXX
- Dial *72 followed immediately by the 10 digits of the Telephone Number you want your calls to forward to.
a. A call will immediately be placed automatically to the phone number you have pointed the calls to.
b. This phone call must be answered in order for Call Forwarding to be activated.
To remove forwarding remotely:
- Follow the first (3) Steps above
- Dial *73 instead to deactivate the forwarding
Residential Phone Features
This feature allows you to call another party during an existing call and add this party to the call, creating a 3-way conversation.
When on a call, press the flash-hook on the phone then, dial the third party’s phone number.
If the third party answers, press the flash-hook again to connect to the original call, the third party and you together.
If the third party does not answer or their line is busy, press the flash-hook twice to rejoin the original call.
If you hang up you will receive a ring back reminding you that the original call is still on hold. Simply pick up the phone to resume the call.
CALL FORWARDING-ALL CALLS:
This feature forwards all calls to an alternative number without ringing your line first.
TO ENABLE CALL FORWARDING-ALL CALLS:
Dial *72 then immediately dial the phone number you wish to forward calls to.
The phone will ring and the line you forwarded to and the party should answer, this will activate the call forwarding. If no one answers the call, dial *72 again to automatically activate this feature.
TO DISABLE CALL FORWARDING ALL CALLS:
CALL FORWARDING BUSY OR NO ANSWER:
This feature forwards calls from your line to an alternative number only if your line is busy or does not answer.
TO ENABLE CALL FORWARDING BUSY OR DON’T ANSWER:
Wait for the confirmation tone, and then dial the number you wish to forward the calls to.
The phone will ring and the line you forwarded to and the party should answer, this will activate the call forwarding. If no one answers the call, dial *90 again to automatically activate this feature.
TO DISABLE CALL FORWARDING BUSY OR DON’T ANSWER:
Call waiting is available upon request at no charge.
Please call customer service if you desire to have call waiting set up.
USING THE VOICEMAIL SYSTEM
The voicemail system is menu driven. Listen to the voice prompts and then press the keys on your phone to select which option you would like.
The first time you access your voicemail box you will be prompted to set up your mailbox. Record your name and a greeting to be played by callers. When you have one or more unheard voice messages waiting, your phone will display a solid red light.
From Your Own Phone:
- Press the Messages button or dial *15.
- Enter your 4 digit voicemail password.
- If you have new messages, the messages will be played.
- After hearing any new messages, you will be presented with the Voicemail Main Menu. The Main Menu options are listed below.
From Another Phone:
- From an external phone
- Dial the voicemail access number specified by your Administrator. 620-208-5095
- When prompted, enter your 10 digit number and #
- When prompted, enter your voicemail password + #.
- If you have new messages, the messages will be identified.
- After hearing any new messages, you will be presented with the Voicemail Main Menu.
MESSAGE PLAYBACK OPTIONS
While listening to your voicemail messages, the following options are available:
FORWARDING A MESSAGE
- While listening to messages, you can send a copy of the message to another recipient.
- To forward the current message, press 5.
- Enter an extension number or Distribution Group Number. Repeat this step until you’ve entered all the desired destinations.
- Press # when finished entering destinations.
- You will be prompted to record an introduction.
- After the tone, record your introductory message and press # when finished.
- Press # to send.
- Press 1 for delivery options:
DELIVERY OPTIONS MENU
ACCESSING VOICEMAIL OPTIONS VIA WEB
- Visit www.myvalunet.com
- From Customer Tools choose “Comm Portal” link
- Enter your 10 Digit Phone Number
- Enter PassWord (Provided to you by ValuNet)
- Go to the Settings Tab
- Click on messaging tab to see different options available.
RECORDING YOUR PERSONAL GREETING
- Access your voicemail box.
- From the Main Menu, press 3.
- To set up a personal greeting press, 1.
- To set up a system generated greeting or to change the recording of your name, press 3
- To change the greeting that callers hear when you’re busy, press 5.
- If you don’t record a personal greeting, a generic greeting will be played.
CHANGING YOUR VOICEMAIL PASSWORD
- Access your voicemail box.
- From the Main Menu, press 4 to change your settings.
- Press 3 for security options.
- Press 1 to change the PIN.