Did you know…
- Nine media companies control 95% of the paid video content consumed in the U.S.?
- The average household watches only 16 channels, yet networks package their channels to force you to buy those you don’t want in order to get those that you do?
- Programming network fees account for the bulk of your monthly cable bill?
- The cost of basic cable has risen 3½ times the rate of inflation over the last 15 years because of demands from networks for higher programming fees?
- The networks are able to impose huge fee increases because they do not have a relationship with you? (Your TV provider collects the money for them.)
- One media company honcho recently stated that, “…content is such a fundamental part of daily life that people will give up food and a roof over their heads before they give up TV.” This shows that they have lost their perspective and the demands for huge increases will continue.
Go to tvonmyside.com to learn more